Yellow Banksia from George's blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from tgsean

tgsean

Hi All,

This is banksia resin pen, blank made by Robutacion. This is a Roman Harvest pen set, 22K gold and rodium finished with CA.

Attachments

• Yellow Banksia for IAP 1.jpg
    Yellow Banksia for IAP 1.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 264
  • Yellow Banksia for IAP 2.jpg
    Yellow Banksia for IAP 2.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 143
  • Yellow Banksia for IAP 3.jpg
    Yellow Banksia for IAP 3.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 210
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi All,

This is banksia resin pen, blank made by Robutacion. This is a Roman Harvest pen set, 22K gold and rodium finished with CA.

Wow Sean, that is just beautiful, mate.

What a great combination you got there, everything matches, perfectly.

Your fit and finish are also spot-on, that helps considerably in the overall look, as you would know.

I have to say something about those blanks, and while, that design was the very first one I made with the longer Dwarf pods (the ones close enough to the 5") from my mechanic friend's Banksia tree, they were made using 1/4 of the pod 100_2239_(1).jpg so, I would make 4 blanks from each pod, as I clearly stated on my last thread about the Dwarf Banksia pod blanks.

I have tried almost every Pearlex colour I got from the resin supplier, the last lot, I made 13 colours in one go, about 6 or 7 blanks of each colour, 001.JPG
each colours did give a slight different look but, and for some unknow reason, the yellow ones, were always the last to sell..!:confused:
I even made some with translucent/interference Pearlex colours 100_2238_(1).jpg some with the pods cross cut as seen is this next pic, (all but the blanks on the right, are made from the Dwarf Banksia pods) 100_2273_(1)_(1).jpg

I have once made some with a mix of yellow and blue 027.JPG 030.JPG and oh boy, they sold out quickly however, I never saw a single pen made out of them so, is very nice to see someone posting some of these blanks when all done up.

Looking at the blank structure, it was disappointing then, that I couldn't get the same pod effect all around the blank/finished sample/pen, the 1/4 of the pod changes as the barrel diameter decreases, in pens with a small diameter such as Slimline's, the effect was not spectacular, as much of the pod has been cut away however, that effect changes considerably when put into a large diameter pen barrel, and the pen shown here, is a perfect example of that however, there is one side of the pen that show a lot less pod than what I would like, and was that exact reason, that make me do the new style Dwarf Banksia pod blanks, recently.

With them, I have achieve that intended result/effect nevertheless, I still like the effect of the old blanks style, particularly when is done is such quality and good taste...!

Congrats,:wink::biggrin:

PS: Now, before some "admire" runs to the "yellow triangle" and start screaming "ADVERTIZING...!" as usual, this is not an add, nor I'm attempting to sell any of these blanks here, (someone bought recently, all I had...!), my information was provided only as an historical reference of how the blank shown by the OP, come to be...!:)

Cheers
George

tgsean

Can't wait to use the dwarf pods

George, I am thrilled you liked the pen. I can't wait to try the dwarf pods. You know who will buy more if you make them! Cheers

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Absolutely stunning! Doesn't get much better than that.

Check the mail, check the mail, check the mail... My Aussie Grab Bag from George is on the way! Check the mail, check the mail...:tongue:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Sean - I was admiring your pen again... and clicked on your web site -WOW, whay a story.

Obviously you had more to do on Earth before leaving; what a blessing.

Thanks for sharing.

tgsean

Its a real privilege to be alive

Thanks Mark, glad that you checked out the website.

Happy that you were blessed by it.

Cheers,
Sean

Top Bottom