Yay, My First Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Don Gaiser

Don Gaiser

Last night I cranked up my new Delta for the first time. I don't have anything to compare it to as this is my first lathe, but the 46-460 is quiet, smooth, and runs like a charm. The pen is a PSI slimline made from Cherry wood. The design is "ehh", and you can see where I chunked out a small piece from the center, but all in all I am very happy with it. I finished it with 6 coats of superglue, and polished it with Brasso metal polish, which was all I have at the moment. Worked pretty good actually. :cowboy:

Oh yeah, after just one pen, I am HOOKED!! Which is good considering how much I have spent already. ;)

Attachments

• IAP 1st Pen.jpg
    IAP 1st Pen.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

altaciii

Great lookin 1st pen. I was told that the first pen I make was going to be the most expensive pen I'll ever make. Didn't quite understand the logic back then as a newby. I learned later what he meant after diving in with both feet. I still say, no matter what it cost to get started, I still enjoy creating new ones three years later. You are hooked now.

oops99

Hey Don,

Great job on your first "ehh" design pen. I think there will be a lot of pen makers here saying "you ain't seen nuthin yet".
just to be able to save the "chunked piece" means that you are already to experiment>>>>>>>>That's a good thing<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Again, congrats on your first, and we are all waiting to see some more.

Tom/oops99

Bree

Wow! That's one darn fine first pen!! Great job and congrats on the 46-460!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Freethinker

Welcome to the Money Pit...

LOL.

You said it.

There's no stopping point. :biggrin:

The more pens you turn, the fancier you want to make them.

Ah well, you can't take the money with you, but you CAN leave behind some beautiful handcrafted pens and other objects for your friends and family to have and to hold...........

Ligget

Don congratulations on turning your first pen, it looks fantastic and is a great start to your penturning addiction. Remember to keep it in a safe place like many of us have done so in the years to come you can look back at it and see how well you have progressed!

bruce119

Don congratulations on turning your first pen, it looks fantastic and is a great start to your penturning addiction. Remember to keep it in a safe place like many of us have done so in the years to come you can look back at it and see how well you have progressed!

Congrats Don and as Ligget says be sure to hold on to that first one. Stash it somewhere DON'T give it away. You always keep your first one there will never be another.

Bruce

Top Bottom