The Yard-Sailor (for you Nagahara fans)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GoodTurns

GoodTurns

While talking to Lou at the DC Pen Show, I threatened to create my own version of the famed "Sailor" bamboo pens. While my craftsmanship may not yet be up to the Nagahara standard, I proudly present "The Yard Sailor". Any guesses as to the source for the bamboo? (The bamboo used in the pen, not the prop!)

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

les-smith

Great looking pen, I think you did a great job. The source of the bamboo was Wal-mart. Just a guess.

Hosspen

I'll guess it's from your neighbor's (who's in the Navy) cane fishing pole you bought at his/her yard sale. Ha!

gmcnut

You probably have them at your house, never use them, and are going to get in trouble for "re-purposing" them as dip pens...

Ummm.... shish ka bob skewers:confused: Or those little handle doohickies that you poke into corn on the cob:confused: Or fondue forks:confused: Or gosh, just about anything in that one drawer in the kitchen that things go into but never come out. :biggrin:

GoodTurns

You probably have them at your house, never use them, and are going to get in trouble for "re-purposing" them as dip pens...

Ummm.... shish ka bob skewers:confused: Or those little handle doohickies that you poke into corn on the cob:confused: Or fondue forks:confused: Or gosh, just about anything in that one drawer in the kitchen that things go into but never come out. :biggrin:

we have a winner! no prize, just a winner! Fondue forks it is! Cut off the metal, drill 'em out and it's a dip pen in an instant!

marionquill

That's a great idea to use fondu forks...I've wanted to make a pen from bamboo for a long time but could not find any bamboo small enough...guess what I'll be searching for tomorrow!

Jason

Top Bottom