X-cut Macadamia

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ironwood

Ironwood

Here's one I finished today, Gold Titanium EB, with crosscut Macadamia, CA finish.

Image4.jpgImage3.jpgImage2.jpgImage1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ToddMR

I like it. Have not see macadamia before. I like the crosscut in it. I think a chrome plating would have really looked sharp. That is just my preference personally. You did a good job on this pen. Hard to tell from the picture but looks like there might be some scratches still in there near the edges. Did you use any kind of polish at the end?

phillywood

nice looking pen. I haven't seen macadamia too, is that the tree or bush that they get the Macadamia nut from? it's really nice looking wood. did you stain or dyed it? BTW, I saw some scratches on the ends too is that in the pic. or is that your finish?

Kalai

Very nice pen, I like Mac nut wood, it does grow in tree form not a bush and I have plenty of them over here in Hawaii, the nuts are good too. Great job on the pen, keep up the good work, aloha.

Chris "Kalai"

Ironwood

Thanks for the kind words guys and gals.

As Chris has said, Macadamia grows into quite a large tree that gets the edible and tasty nuts growing on it.

This one was a storm damaged tree from one of my neighbors , the darkness between the medullary rays could be a bit of spalting that has started, it has nothing on it except a CA finish

Hard to tell from the picture but looks like there might be some scratches still in there near the edges. Did you use any kind of polish at the end?

I think it must be just the grainy nature of the pictures, I cant see any scratches on the pen itself.

I sand 400, 600 W&D, then all the way through the MM range, then use Hut plastic polish, then a coat of Mcquires carnauba wax.

I'm still learning the CA finish, but I am having more luck with it now than I was at the start.

Top Bottom