WW Zen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from reiddog1

reiddog1

Hey folks. I've been casting my tail off lately and having a blast. Wanted to show the fruits of my labor. Here is a Zen wrapped in one of my York Gum Burl / Alumilite blanks. Comments are always welcome.

Dave

Attachments

• WW ZEN.jpg
    WW ZEN.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 209
  • ZEN.jpg
    ZEN.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 163
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Dave; To be honest with you, I don't care for the uneven distribution of the colors. I think it would look much better if you had mixed them a little more evenly, even if you had to take out a little more burl. Just my look at it. Jim S

Last edited:

Tanner

Looks great! Are you selling any? I love the mix with York Gum Burl. Don't know if I've seen York Gum Burl in a casting. It's a beautiful wood with a great looking cast. Got any to sell?

reiddog1

Thanks

Thanks for the comment Jim. I actually use more burl than resin in most of my castings. Just comes down to personal preference I guess. To me it's (the resin) kinda like the jewelry of the outfit, if that makes sense. Thanks again!!

Dave

Dave; To be honest with you, I don't care for the uneven distribution of the colors. I think it would look much better if you had mixed them a little more evenly, even if you had to take out a little more burl. Just my look at it. Jim S

PenPal

Dave,

Finding the Blue friendly shape energising creating away from the normal by happenstance in the round and agree the colour being both involved and secondary to that great burl as nature mostly dictates complimentary indeed.

Kind regards Peter.

Last edited:

Hendu3270

Personally I like the colors not fully mixed, (the way it is). It seems to give "depth" the the casting. Of course I'm no casting expert. Great job.

Top Bottom