WW Purple Cigar in Rhodium,,,

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stevers

stevers

Hi All,
Turned this today. Rhodium Cigar with Worthless Wood Eucalyptus and purple PR with some mica pearl powder. Not real happy with the result. The blank was cast with two diff pieces of Euc burl, so the top and bottom barrels are diff colors of wood. Not to mention diff patterns and amounts of wood. The PR is the thing that ties them together. If I'd known how much diff the two blanks were going to be, I'd have used them for two Sierras.
Over all it came out OK. Hurried the finish a little because I wasn't happy with the pen to begin with. Just laid on a couple of coats of thin CA and then sprayed on some gloss poly.
Comments and critiques welcome,

20085543441_WW%20purple%20euc%20cigar%20650.jpg

Heres a second shot of the other side of the pen.

2008555226_WW%20purple%20euc%20cigar%202650.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ericw95

I know a fanatic of purple that would be more than happy to take it off your hands and she won't even notice the difference in the wood. Her only comment will be "Can you make blanks like this?"

MobilMan

Not a darn thing wrong with that one. Ya musta got up pretty early this am. The difference in color of wood from end to end can happen even when you make one out of one solid blank. If that makes sense. I've cut blanks in half for one pen & after finishing found a big diff. Makes it 'unique'.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
That turned out real nice Steve ! My cousin sent me a box full of Elm blanks he cut up , not knowing to match the grain , and ordered 50 pens made from Sculptured kits from PSI . I spent a minute matching grain ! Just a flashback ! Sorry ![8D]

Top Bottom