Wrigley Field Bleacher Seat Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Tanner

Tanner

I gave this to my Nephew for his birthday as he is a huge Cub fan. I got a few free tickets from a vendor every year and took my brother and our sons to the game when we lived there. It’s an awesome stadium! I purchased the wood from a guy online. It came with a MLB Hologram authenticating the wood as being there since 1914. The bleachers were replaced a couple years ago. I didn’t cut it at an angle, however it came out that way. I’m going to try one of those Baseball Bat pens next with some of the wood that’s left. Anyway, I thought it was good enough to share.

172837_Emperor%20Wrigley%20Field%20Bleacher%20Seat.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I would think that might go into four figures in the Chicago market, at a baseball memorabilia show.[:0][:0][:0]

Hope your nephew appreciates it!!!:D

OKLAHOMAN

Shades of Banks,Santo,Sosa and Hartnett. Also the home of the "Called" Homer by Ruth....yes in the Chi-town market 4 figures could be reached easy.BTW NPGJ.

Woodlvr

I would love a couple of pieces of wood from those bleachers. Two of my sons and I are diehard Cub fans([:I]). Beautiful pen and great work. Thank you for sharing.

Mike

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Proud_Poppa_of_2

Beautiful work and result, Tim. Any idea what kind of wood that is? Hard to believe it once held people's keisters.

Nah, the "bleacher bums" never sat down!!! They are only there to catch home runs and drink beer -------- not, necessarily in that order!

Tanner

I don't know what type of wood it is, however I did smell beer when I was turning it.[:p] Honestly, I don't know if beer could penetrate all those layers of paint that's on.

Tanner

Originally posted by ed4copies

Careful, there's probably plenty of lead in those early coats of paint!!!
Yeah, I sliced the top and bottom off on the bandsaw before I started on it. The wood is over 1 1/2" thick.

MikeInMo

I knew there were some twisted types here, but I didn't realize the depth of dementia until I read multiple people admitting to being cubs fans in a public forum. [:0][:0][:0]<shudder>

Now if that pen was made of the bleacher wood from Busch Stadium, that would be a thing of value...Think of the players, great plays and [8D]WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIPS[8D] that pen would have been a part of.

Nice looking pen by the way...

GBusardo

That is something! What a great gift, beyond great. I hope your nephew knows what he is getting.
Yankee stadium is coming down next year, can we all chip in and buy a broken seat or two? :) I got a feeling they will be selling the freaken bricks out of that place and everything will cost a pretty penny

Ozzy

That is an awesome pen and an even more awesome gift.

I would love to get some of that wood, if you'd be willing to tell me (pm) the name of the source.

Top Bottom