Wrap around logo

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Carl Fisher

Carl Fisher

So the customer wanted a cigar band look to the logo, so off to photoshop to take the Redskins logo and add a band to it.

I really don't like using white background decal paper as some always seems to peek out no matter how much you trim, but the customer was VERY happy with it so I guess it's just me seeing the flaws in my own work.

Need a printer that prints white so I can use clear background labels and still get respectable color. :frown:

The blank is mesquite on a gold vertex click.

Attachments

• IMG_0461_1 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0461_1 (Custom).jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_0462_1 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0462_1 (Custom).jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0463_1 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0463_1 (Custom).jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0464_1 (Custom).jpg
    IMG_0464_1 (Custom).jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 214
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

still working on how to perfect that seam. That one is a bit overlapped so you can see the bold colors stand out where it is doubled up.

The biggest issue was there was a slight taper still on that portion of the pen, so the decal didn't want to lay flat and wanted to bubble a bit up top. I got everything smoothed out but ended up higher than when I initially trimmed it, so the pen body was a touch narrower, hence the overlap. I chose to run with that as the lesser of the evils since I got the bubbles worked out of the front side.

I know now to plan my turning a little better for exactly this and not taper until I'm past the point where the wrap will go.

ALA

Looks good from where I live!

I just did a couple for Viet Nam Vets using clear address labels. They have there problems but over all turned out ok. I have some decal paper now so I'll try that next.

Carl Fisher

I like the decal paper overall. It's thin and once you work with it a few times, it's not too hard. My problem will always be the white until I find a way to trim complex shapes cleanly. I'm using an xacto now but I think I need to start working with a magnifying lens of some sorts as I'm just not getting clean accurate cuts in some areas.

wouldentu2?

Hit the send before I finished.
No inkjet prints white the white is actually the paper not printed on.

You can find round disk cutters in craft stores that will leave either a nice white border or remove a small edge of the printing based on how large you scaled the decal item. Won't help with the band but would if it is only round.

You did a very nice job on this, in our eyes no job is perfect but others don't see it that way.

Carl Fisher

My printer that prints white was a tongue in cheek joke ;)

That being said, perhaps incorporating a white border around the entire thing may be the ticket. I'll have to check on the disk cutters next time I'm out and about near Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

Thanks for the kind words all. I think I'll try a few more of these to see if I can fine tune my technique.

Last edited:
Top Bottom