WOW PIG Soooey! Another Brooks803 PR Burl.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BSea

BSea

Another SEC pen from a blank by Jonathon (aka Brooks803).I've always been impressed with Jonathon's blanks because of the tight swirls and blending of colors. When I was turning this pen near the nib end, it kinda made me think of burl. So that's why I think of his blanks as PR Burls!

This was a collaboration between myself & Jonathon to come up with an Arkansas Razorback pen. After extensive research on my part, I called Jonathon to go over the design of the pen. The conversation went something like this.

Me: "Here's a website showing a Razorback jersey. Use those colors & make it look cool."

Jonathon: "OK".

It was actually a little more involved, and the pen actually has 4 colors, dark red, white, black & a little silver. It's on a Gunmetal cigar. I think it would have looked better in silver, but I let my daughter decide since it was for a wedding gift for a family member who's helping with her wedding. I painted the inside of the blank black because I was afraid if I did it white, it might tend to be a little pink in spots. I have a few more to do for the wedding, and I might try silver paint for the next one.

Razorbackpen1.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

w5brw

Cool Pen :good:. My niece is graduating from Ar. High in Texarkana (The Hogs) shortly and I've been trying to find a red/white blank for her graduation pen. That one give me ideas.
Thanks

BSea

I really like this one great color mix well done Bob!
Well, the credit for the color mix goes to the guy who posted before you.

I think it turned out great Bob. The finish is superb! I'm sure it will be well recieved. So when do we get to see how those other blanks look?
If you're talking about the Pua Shell 3 blanks from a bottle stopper experiment, I do have a pic I'll send you. It has some possibilities. But the blank blew out before I finished. I still painted it & finished it just to see how it would look. I did get the 2nd one drilled, & I finished it the same way you did with the blank reverse. For those wanting to know what I'm talking about, here's the link to Jonathon's Pua Shell pen.

Top Bottom