Would You Call This Segmented???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MIKL

MIKL

Another play on Worthless Wood, Aluminum and Watch Parts

This time i sandwiched a piece of West Australian Jarrah between 2 Red Mallee Burl edges, not sure if this is classified as segmented or not

i have also included a picture of the blank precast

Let me know what your thoughts are

C&C welcome

MIK

Attachments

• DSCN4879edt.JPG
    DSCN4879edt.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 340
  • DSCN4882edt.JPG
    DSCN4882edt.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 284
  • DSCN4874edt.JPG
    DSCN4874edt.JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 317
  • DSCN4869edt.JPG
    DSCN4869edt.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 283
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I'd for sure say that was segmented.

Oh, and thanks for stealing 1 of my future ideas. I was planning on thinking of that next week.:wink:

But seriously, that is a very cool idea. And it does give me some ideas. That's probably the most interesting looking mecha blank I've seen yet. Good job! :good:

Last edited:

MIKL

I'd for sure say that was segmented.

Oh, and thanks for stealing 1 of my future ideas. I was planning on thinking of that next week.:wink:

But seriously, that is a very cool idea. And it does give me some ideas. That's probably the most interesting looking mecha blank I've seen yet. Good job! :good:
thanks for the feedback mate

it was a bit tough reading your mind, there is only 9,180 miles between us, but i think i got the end result you were thinking of:biggrin:

MIK

I would call it intriguing but even then it defies a title or department. None the less it shows the builder's creative instincts to put together different media or components to accomplish an artistic blending of balance in pen making. This is a very real stand alone which I have not seen lately.... I would call it a trend setter.

MIKL

Thanks for the feedback Guys

i am in 2 minds, segmented or not, it's really only 3 bits of wood stuck together... damn just had a new idea, a celtic knot without the main part (that doesn't sound right but i am sure you know what i mean), now to work out how to do it..... i can feel a migraine coming already:biggrin::eek::rolleyes:

Jan - its a magnetic cap similar to the Zen

all the best

MIK

MIKL

thanks for the feedback guys... this one didn't last very long... gone today... and i was going to keep it for me... bugger... oh well more bits for the shed

MIK

Top Bottom