Worthless wood pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jbostian

jbostian

Despite the crazy cold here in Indiana I spent part of the day in my unheated cold garage turning my first worthless wood blank. I got the blank from Jonathan forum member jmhoff10500. The process went pretty well and I am very heppy with the final result. As usual my pic isn't the greatest but here it is anyway.

Jamie

Attachments

• Worthless2.jpg
    Worthless2.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 382
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jmhoff10500

If anything, just more lighting, a lighter background, and only use that burl cap on pens that don't have the same color scheme... In fact, i think the wood in that pen was made from wood that was harvested with in 20 feet of the display cap!

I think the pen looks great. I also think the picture would be fine with a background that doesn't detract from the pen.

-Barry

Bree

Wow! That's sure making something out of nothing!! great job!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

mickr

Beautiful material..can't see top too well..it blends into the background..I'm jealous you can work out in your shop..mine was 37 below zero yesterday morning...

jbostian

Beautiful material..can't see top too well..it blends into the background..I'm jealous you can work out in your shop..mine was 37 below zero yesterday morning...

Man that is cold! Here I am complaining because it was some where around 10 degrees. It is supposed to get colder and get snow in the next few days. Yes the top of the pen does blend in with the background. I should have used something different for this pens photo.

Jamie

Top Bottom