Worthless Wood Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TurnaPen

TurnaPen

Hope you like this one, I custom made the grip on it, and it is a closed end Churchill Fountain Pen. Very fastidious this time round with encountering a multitude of problems, -some self made, others because it is wood and resin there is a difference in the cutting and the strength of the blank, as you go deeper and the blank is thinner, it is a wise thing to use CA to help stabilize it. The cap is an invisible clip and down the centre I utilized the silver ring but custom made the other portion out of wood; I also made a matching RollerBall but encountered some last moment problems, it is complete also now but the grip is not custom made. Comments welcome, Amos

Attachments

• WWFP1 (Small).JPG
    WWFP1 (Small).JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 581
  • WWFP3 (Small).JPG
    WWFP3 (Small).JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 443
  • WWFP5 (Small).JPG
    WWFP5 (Small).JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 435
  • WWFP6 (Small).JPG
    WWFP6 (Small).JPG
    62 KB · Views: 435
  • WWFP18 (Small).JPG
    WWFP18 (Small).JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 428
  • WWFP21 (Small).JPG
    WWFP21 (Small).JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 423
  • WWFP22 (Small).JPG
    WWFP22 (Small).JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 441
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

Amos,
You are definitely on a roll. That pen is simply gorgeous. I love the way you incorporated in the custom nib and hidden clip. This is my favorite to date. What are you using to cast with? The colors are great.

TurnaPen

Thanks fellas, Glenn, I will try to post soon on the advanced pen making re invisible clip and the other things I tried on that pen.
Now for the dear fellow who said what did I cast with--I WISH--for that you have to look at TurnTex Woods, Curtis is the chap to ask, he made them -I bought them!!! Amos

GouletPens

What a snazzy looking pen! I love the custom pieces you incorporated into it. They say anything worthwhile won't come easy, so you should be proud of this one...that and you had to turn it upside-down too!!!! (haha...y'know cuz you're in Australia....:bananen_smilies046:)

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Wow! Amos, you did one of my blanks proud again! I would love to have pics of this one, too. I know I have not put your other pen in my gallery yet but it is on my to do list. This pen would be a great additions as well!

For those that don't know, this is Agarita limb pieces randomly cast in Magma Red resin. Yes, the wood does indeed have that cool pattern and is that yellow.

JohnU

Amos, you and Curtis sure came together to complete a Master Piece! One of the most beautiful pens I have ever seen and well deserving the front page!

bitshird

Gorgeous pen and a very nice collaborative piece, Curtis that blank is AWESOME and Amos the execution is superb Congratulations on the Front Page.

Top Bottom