Worthless Wood Cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

These two cigars are of my own casts of worthless wood. The red cigar is the edge of an oak burl with pr and the blue is and elm knot with pr. Both were CA finished because I didnt have time to wait for the lacquer to cure. (My CA finish needs work) Both were gifts for family friends after getting a great deal on some needed tools at their garage sale. All comments welcome. Thanks.

Attachments

• Cigar Worthless Casts.JPG
    Cigar Worthless Casts.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doddman70

Both are very nice!!! you said you didn't have time for the Lacquer to cure so i take it you have finished your WW PR blanks in Lacquer? how does the lacquer hold up on the PR? Also I have been wondering about doing a Poly finish on them have you tried that? if so what are your thoughts? thanks

JohnU

Thanks all.

rej19 these are PR (silmar 41)

Both are very nice!!! you said you didn't have time for the Lacquer to cure so i take it you have finished your WW PR blanks in Lacquer? how does the lacquer hold up on the PR? Also I have been wondering about doing a Poly finish on them have you tried that? if so what are your thoughts? thanks

Doddman, prefer lacquer on all of my pens. I think I get a better looking finish and pen. I havent had a problem with lacquer over the PR. I apply about seven brushed coats with dipping lacquer from PSI and then let sit for about six days. Then I spin with EEE Cream and polish with Ren Wax. I like the smooth shine I get this way, and Ive never had anyone complain of any problems afterwards, and my wifes pens seem to all hold up. (notice I said my wifes, I dont think I own any). My CA finished pens seem to get some flaws or dull spots sometimes. These two were a last minute pen so I didnt have time to do my regular. I havent tried Poly on PR, only wood, but I like the finish I get with lacquer better than Poly. It seems to be a harder finish. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom