Worthless Wood Churchill RB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TurnaPen

TurnaPen

The blank is called "worthless wood" and made by Jeff Powell(workinforwood) here on the IAP site, apparently he collects scraps of wood then stabilizes them with different colour castings and gets some great blanks. This one has a blue flower Do Hickey added to it by myself, not out of choice, but of necessity. The blank was just on the border line for a closed end pen and I blew up the end of the cap while attempting it, so in order to "save" the blank, I chose a blue flower Do Hickey. Unfortunately, because of the way I had to glue the Do Hickey on, it was impractical to put a clip on it, the box was made by Jeff and I received it as an add on to my blanks. Over to you for your comments, Amos

Attachments

• P1020044 (Large).jpg
    P1020044 (Large).jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 294
  • P1020047 (Large).jpg
    P1020047 (Large).jpg
    29 KB · Views: 213
  • P1020048 (Medium).JPG
    P1020048 (Medium).JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 246
  • P1020065 (Large).jpg
    P1020065 (Large).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 201
  • P1020062 (Large).jpg
    P1020062 (Large).jpg
    56 KB · Views: 196
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cnirenberg

Amos,
Awesome. I love it. The pen came out terrific. Jeff's blank certainly is not worthless at all. That's a one in a million. Great job.

TX_Planes

Very nice work. I really like the blank and how you finished it. And a matching box!

JohnU

Absolutely Beautiful! The resin in the blank resembles a ribbon dangling down the pen. Great Job to you and Jeff!

broitblat

...has a blue flower Do Hickey added to it by myself, not out of choice, but of necessity. The blank was just on the border line for a closed end pen and I blew up the end of the cap while attempting it, so in order to "save" the blank, I chose a blue flower Do Hickey.

In the software business (and I'm sure others) we have a saying: "If you've got a bug, dress it up and call it a feature". Well, you've ended up with one well dressed feature because it is a beautiful pen with or without the oops or the clip.

-Barry

workinforwood

That looks really good Amos. The way you have it in positioned in the box, it looks like a waterfall pen. The blow-out must have been meant to be, because the doohicky really sets it off. You can still notch it and install a clip if you must have one...but it looks fine as it is to me. Great job matching the finish sheen to the box too.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Stunning! The pen is gorgeous and the save on the cap looks like "a well planned finish" to top it off. Of course he box just makes the whole thing even sweeter.

Very nice!

Top Bottom