worthless mescal bean

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from altaciii

altaciii

I haven't posted in a while simply because I haven't made a pen thats different than what I have already done. This is an exception.

I don't care what the big guys are selling or by whom they are getting their worthless wood blanks from but I can assure you that none come better than the ones created by the master himself. Thank you Curtis Seebeck (mesquiteman) for the blank. I couldn't have guessed how beautiful this would have come out but you outdid yourself with this one. Mescal bean with red alumilite. I decided to try the Titan kit from beartooth woods. Great fit and feel to the finished product but I can't say I wasn't a little surprised by the length of the business end. A bit shorter in overall length than the Jr's (gent and Statesman) so much so that I thought they had sent the wrong tube.

Attachments

• ww texas laurel.JPG
    ww texas laurel.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 300
  • ww texas laurel 2.JPG
    ww texas laurel 2.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 255
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

Alex, to use a local word and not start another language war, that thar ain't worthless wood no more! Beautiful pen over all and the fit and finish is outstanding. You did yourself proud on this one. Congratulations.
Charles

wiset1

There's always an amazing pen in every single one of the blanks that Curtis makes. I look at him like he's a Mad Scientist who has the answers to the secrets we common folk are oblivious to, ha ha ha. This is an amazing looking pen Alex.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Good to see you, buddy! And very nice job on the pen. It is now in my customer photo gallery! (you gave me carte blanche permission as while back).

bitshird

Mesquite Man does make some of the most beautiful "worthless wood blanks" , and has inspired many of us to try it our selves, oddly enough we hardly ever make it. Alex you did a bang up job on that one, certainly a good piece of eye candy.

Top Bottom