WORTHLESS ???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MIKL

MIKL

What sort of worthless is this???

Red Mallee Burl Edge, Embossed Aluminum Tape, Armour Plates, Red Wire and Watch Gears.... No sesame seed bun though

a little overturned at the front, pickies show it up worse than it is, i will have to disassemble and refinish anyway, i didn't notice the divot until the pickies either, i might need new glasses

this is my second attempt at this type of blank, the first one just didn't want to play Rollerball
biggrin.gif
rolleyes.gif
, but well worth the effort i think

all up about 3 hours went into making this blank

Thanks for looking
C&C Welcome
MIK

Attachments

• DSCN4860edt.JPG
    DSCN4860edt.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCN4861edt.JPG
    DSCN4861edt.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCN4863edt.JPG
    DSCN4863edt.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 270
  • DSCN4864edt.JPG
    DSCN4864edt.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCN4865edt.JPG
    DSCN4865edt.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 228
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MIKL

thanks to all for your thoughts and opinions

no one has picked up on it as yet but this pen represents everything i have done in pen construction
Wood
Worthless Wood
Resin
Watch parts
Metal
Embedded Easting
all rolled into one pen... i have decided that this one goes on the shelf not the cabinet at the shop

all the best

MIK

OZturner

Mik, I am having some trouble with this Blank.
I can't find the Kichen Sink, or the "Partridge in the Pear Tree".
Where did you hide them?
Ah well! I had better comment on what I can see.
In an earlier post on Simon's Steam Punk Pen, someone commented that it was the "Swiss Army Knife of Pens"
Your Blank, I feel it deserves that Title, it is the most Universal Blank I have seen, it has a little of something for Everyone, no one is left out.
Ingenious, Great Fit and Finish.
Bonzer mate.
Brian.

MIKL

Mik, I am having some trouble with this Blank.
I can't find the Kichen Sink, or the "Partridge in the Pear Tree".
Where did you hide them?
Ah well! I had better comment on what I can see.
In an earlier post on Simon's Steam Punk Pen, someone commented that it was the "Swiss Army Knife of Pens"
Your Blank, I feel it deserves that Title, it is the most Universal Blank I have seen, it has a little of something for Everyone, no one is left out.
Ingenious, Great Fit and Finish.
Bonzer mate.
Brian.

thanks for the reply Brian

i did say that the next pen would be wood, i just didn't say how much:eek:

just so you know the items you can't find are hiding on the far side of the pen:biggrin:, a bit like the astronaut who landed on the far side of the sun:biggrin:

all the best

MIK

Dan Hintz

I would also suggest brightening up your photos to better show off the pen... if your camera supports it, maybe go up a couple of F-stops, or increase your exposure. The detail is there, it's just muddled behind a darker-than-desired overall brightness.

MIKL

I would also suggest brightening up your photos to better show off the pen... if your camera supports it, maybe go up a couple of F-stops, or increase your exposure. The detail is there, it's just muddled behind a darker-than-desired overall brightness.

hiya Dan, camera's and me just don't work together, the daughter is doing a class in photography this year so hopefully she can start taking my pickies for me or better yet teach me what she learns

i took to a couple of the pickies in GIMP, does this look better??

MIK

Attachments

• DSCN4863cedt.JPG
    DSCN4863cedt.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN4862edt.JPG
    DSCN4862edt.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 87

Marko50

Nice work Mik! Tube-on plus worthless wood… you're thinking so far outside of the box that you've created a whole new one!:biggrin:. You really had to think this one through, right?

Janster

.....various material incorporated to make a Suhweeet pen! Well done..
What kit is it?.......Jan

Rockytime

Some time ago, perhaps a few years, I threw out a box of old watches. Who woulda thought they could be used in decorating pens. I'm just ready to try turning pens. Now I could kick my back side.

MIKL

Nice work Mik! Tube-on plus worthless wood… you're thinking so far outside of the box that you've created a whole new one!:biggrin:. You really had to think this one through, right?

Hiya Mark, i have had this idea for a while, just had to find the time to see it through

.....various material incorporated to make a Suhweeet pen! Well done..
What kit is it?.......Jan

Hiya Jan, the kit is a magnetic cap pen from Perfect Pens and Pencils, you can get the Zen over there which is pretty much the same sort of thing

Looks great!! Very creative in mixing all of the elements.

hiya Bryon, thanks for the kind words mate

Some time ago, perhaps a few years, I threw out a box of old watches. Who woulda thought they could be used in decorating pens. I'm just ready to try turning pens. Now I could kick my back side.

hiya Rocky, if you looked into my shed you would be able to tell that i never throw anything out, i got these from ebay though, i think it is probably a lot easier to buy them rather than trying to disassemble a watch

all the best
MIK

Top Bottom