Worth Waiting For

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

When we had the recent PITH, I drew Tommy (TBone) as who I was to make a pen for. It is late, and hopefully will be worth waiting for. My problems with my daughter delayed the pen, but it will soon be on the way to Tommy.

Glenn (oobak) drew my name. He said he wanted to make something special. He also had at least one mechanical failure in his shop. Like the man he is, Glenn kept in contact regularly with me. Well, the pen arrived today, and I have never held a pen like it! As my thread title states, it wa Worth Waiting For!!

Glenn is a far better photographer than I, so he is going to post a photo or two of his work here for all to see how lucky I am. The pen is a modified El Toro Platinum fountain pen.

Thank you, Glenn for such an amazing pen.
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since the PITH thread is history, I moved Willims thread here, from the Casual conversation area.
It was a pleasure to hear from William by phone that he is enjoying his pen.
It was a challenge for me in a few areas such as working with the angles of the segmenting, dealing with the different diameters while being sure the lenght was sufficient to hold the pump. This takes four trips to the lathe, one for each step on the cap as well as the body. Alright... I did the body more than once, ok?
The body material is amboyna, box elder, black acrylic and pick guard.

Attachments

• DSCF1560.jpg
    DSCF1560.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 413
  • DSCF1557.jpg
    DSCF1557.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 389
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

igran7

Glenn that is an absolutely stunning pen!!! The segmentations are perfect, and I love the way the upper and lower barrels "tuck' into the Amboyna Burl sections. Still trying to figure out how you did that. Congratulations Cav on your beautiful new pen.

LanceD

Glenn, you've done a great job on that pen. William, just tell me how much gumbo and crawfish I have to send you for you to mail that pen to me :)

JohnU

One of the best Seg pens I have ever seen. I like to look at the Gisi's pens with inspiration of someday making something half as beautiful, and I add this one to the best of them! Outstanding pen shape, design, finish, and wood selection. This one should be on the home page next!

Top Bottom