Worms again! JrGent 1 roller

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SDB777

SDB777

Had drilled this blank and square it off the other day, finished it up just before eating last night....and then got 'side-tracked' and forgot to photo it(Go figure, like getting side-tracked isn't a normal thing for me)

Anyway, the timber is some more of the wormy presimmon I had sent to Eugene way back when, and this piece has his Red Tide mix in the worm trails. I always enjoy finding out what the presimmon is going to look like when turning these blanks...it always seem to change just a little.

It was actually fun to do some turning after work, I may have to do this a little more often!
Thanks for looking, C&C always welcome!

Scott (switchin' to tea this morning) B

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Hendu3270

I like it. The colors in the red have some pretty good depth and the wood is awesome. The Persimmon sure does look like a very porous wood.

Beautifull pens. Very well done. The red dose look great. But no one speaks of the black. I think this brings out the rest of the colors. Is that also resin? Or is it saw dust left by the worms? Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

SDB777

Beautifull pens. Very well done. The red dose look great. But no one speaks of the black. I think this brings out the rest of the colors. Is that also resin? Or is it saw dust left by the worms? Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

I guess you can call it 'sawdust' if you want, but I believe it comes out the backend of the worm:biggrin:
I am thinking it was more of a medium tan-ish color before the resin hit it? But it has been so long ago that I can't be 100% sure on that.

I like it. The colors in the red have some pretty good depth and the wood is awesome. The Persimmon sure does look like a very porous wood.

Actually Persimmon is a very dense wood, and is used for making golf club heads(1Wood, 2Wood, etc). But if you happen to find a tree that is blown down in the woods with the bark touching the ground in a damp-ish area.....the worms found it before you! Once they get it and do their 'thing' more water moisture can get in and work the rest of the fibers.

Scott (thanks everyone, got more coming) B

Top Bottom