Working Sick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mrs

IPD_Mrs

Thanks to my wonderful son, I have the head cold from Hades. I had a custom order to finish for a wedding so I thought I might as well get a couple of pens done I had been wanting to do. The first is an eagle inlay. I didn't like putting it with the dyed nib section it came with so I decided to put it on antler. It is all on a black Ti Jr. Gent. The second pen is PR. The photos suck as my watery eyes keep me from getting a good focus. There is a touch of sparkle fleck in the black resin which help the gold, copper and silver nuggets to stand out.
rb-108.jpg

rb-108c.jpg

rb-109.jpg

rb-109c.jpg

Comments good and bad welcome and much appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OKLAHOMAN

Damn, I'd hate to see what you'd do if you were well. Pens and photo look top notch .....no wait I think one feather on the Eagle is ......no it isn't now that my glasses are clean.

jttheclockman

Nice work on both pens. On the laser kit did you do anything special to finish it??? Like use any color fill if there was any gaps??? What type finish did you put on it??? Did you use colored CA or any other glue?? Thanks for showing.

ctubbs

If you do that sick, I wonder what they would have looked like if you were well! Wonderful pens. Now I know why I hesatate to post my stuff. By the way, a child can have a slight sniffle that will dang near kill an adult:biggrin:. When the kid does that, RUN!:eek:

Charles

IPD_Mrs

Nice work on both pens. On the laser kit did you do anything special to finish it??? Like use any color fill if there was any gaps??? What type finish did you put on it??? Did you use colored CA or any other glue?? Thanks for showing.

Nothing special on the finish, just 6 coats of thin for the cap section and about double that for the antler which sucked up the CA. I literally did nothing special on this. Pressed the inlays together and glued it with CA.

workinforwood

Beautiful batch of pens Mike. I understand about that cold too...got that and am just starting into week 3. It gets better after week one, but then it just lingers. All my new blanks could have something special inside! :wink:

IPD_Mrs

Ooooh a little pouch filled with H1N1 hidden in every blank. On a serious note, the head cold seems better this AM. What really makes me mad about it, was having to push my grandson away all weekened.

Top Bottom