Work in progress Completed......2 pics/part 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Janster

Janster

This took me quite a bit of time to complete. I am not so sure I went about it the wrong way. Listening to some other opinions, I still feel that had I gone another route I was destined to failure? IJDNK? Anyhow this did work, alibiet, alot of work! My biggest concern was the "oh so small" holding of the inset tubes with the Inlace inside of the tubes! Going about as I did I feel the CA had a better chance of holding as it was glued inside and out. I did cut the tubes and belt sanded the cornerS off the blank before turning. Super sharp Carbide bits and really light cuts did the trick! This is Spalted Sycamore w/Inlace & Brass inserts. C~N~C welcomed. Thanks and be well.............Jan

...original post is here .... http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/work-progress-109170/

Dotty1_zpsa83a5e6f.jpg

Dotty2_zps6dafef3b.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

This looks really nice. I like the symmetry of the 45° inserts as you showed in the other thread.

Been looking to something similar but with Tagua nuts. Planning to drill out a few shallow holes, fill them with the tagua and then turn it down to size. Not a today project, but it is on my to-do list.

Hubert H

Very neat and well done. Depending on how you count your pen making time I would say this one was worth your time - as if I would know. I do like it.

Dale Allen

Very unique and it turned out great.
I'd imagine that your biggest concern was in drilling out the main tube and not enlarging the inside. Whatever you did, it worked out well.
Nicely done!

Janster

I like it!!!!! Just curious... Did you dill the tube hole before or after inlaying the IA?

If you see my first post ( Work In Progress ), it shows exactly how I constructed it. Too much work, but I liked the outcome. Thanks to all for your kind words re: the pen! Be well............Jan

Top Bottom