work in progress

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ragz

ragz

Hello all,
Had an order for 20 bullet pens at work. Below is what I have so far. It's still a work in progress as I'm still waiting for kits and clips to arrive.
Here is a completed pen in bloodwood
120626.jpg

The pen in foreground is purpleheart then from left to right if I remember correctly is
Nigerian Ebony, Canary wood , Rapala Lacewood, Bloodwood, An Oak I think, Blue dyed Big Leaf Maple, Olivewood, Wine dyed Big Leaf Maple, American Flag Laminate, Tulipwood, African Blackwood , Burmese Rosewood
115922.jpg

A sampling of the kits to be used
121201.jpg

Remember still a work in progress but all comments welcome

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Bill, congratulations on the order! I have never done a cartridge pen with the Euro kit and have to say it looks sharp.

On the second photo, is it just the angle on the right side pen, or is the clip actually standing away from the wood?

ragz

The clips come from woodpenpro.com
The FMF clip on the right is a little out of whack will adjust it back before I finish the pen. Will be adding SEABEE, Chief/Senior/Master Chief Petty Officer anchors as well and a couple USMC. The euro's were way more popular then slimlines especially with the bullet nibs I showed. They have already mentioned increasing the order from 20 to 50 after these sell. SO we'll see :)

ragz

Thanks for the comments :)

They are fun to do and not too much work since you only have to turn and finish the upper barrel. Since I'm actually getting paid for them it wasn't too hard to convince my wife I needed to spend the day in the shop :p

When I get the kits in and finish them I'll post a pic before I deliver them.

Top Bottom