Woops Ring Knurl GT

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from adirondak5

adirondak5

Started turning this yesterday , finished up this morning . You can see the walnut woops ring on the right end of the blank , I got a little too aggressive with the cherry burl and took a chunk out down to the tube , so I turned off a bit down to the tube and glued on a piece of walnut .

uViT8uT.png

It didn't come out bad , almost looks like it was planned ,well --- that's my story and I'm sticking to it . :biggrin:

E5ti8V8.png

9i5k9Yr.png

ylb22Su.png

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

I, personally, like to balance out the pen by putting a whoops band on each end when I have to use them, but that's just personal preference. I think your solution looks fine.

bpgoldo

Your Whoops made a fine instrument an original! Keep up the whoopsing....maybe even on purpose. Great save.

adirondak5

Looks fine to me! Nice save!

Thanks Charlie , I like it , maybe enough to keep for personal use

I, personally, like to balance out the pen by putting a whoops band on each end when I have to use them, but that's just personal preference. I think your solution looks fine.

Thanks Derek . I was thinking that but didn't do it , but I like the idea and will probably do the same in the future when I run into this again .

Your Whoops made a fine instrument an original! Keep up the whoopsing....maybe even on purpose. Great save.

Thanks Brian , right now it seems I don't have to have whoops on purpose , they come on their own at a steady rate :biggrin: .

gimpy

You bugger you, That was no Whoops......That was planned all along......
Nice job, and I' sure you will "plan" more down the road

Top Bottom