Wooly Buger!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from MesquiteMan

Status
Not open for further replies.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
I have no idea what this thing is called but I am calling it a wooly buger! It is a piece of dried floral arangement material that my wife uses in her centerpieces. I thought it might look cool so I cast it in clear Alumilite and then turned it. I know, the kit color sucks but it was the only cheap kit I had and I did not want to waste a high end kit on an experiment! Honest opinions wanted. And yes, Skye, it is a hair overturned at the nib! Beat you to it!

2006112163126_wooly%202.jpg

2006112163152_wooly%201.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wags54

Curtis you are to be commended for always thinking out of the box. The wooly burger thing made me LOL it was one of my dad's favorite expressions, he even name one of his dogs wooly burger LOL. Nice looking pen by the way, sometimes experiments work!!

Skye

Man, why you want to take away my fun like that? [:D]

Very cool man, I wonder if it would take to a vaccum dye?

pete00

Originally posted by armyturner
<br />That is a pretty neat pen. I may be wrong but I believe that is Millet, one of the primary seeds used in comercial bird feed.

Curtis

another medication induced idea, ill bet if you have a local pet supply store near by and show them the pen you'll get a few sales.

YOu could probly even talk them into giveing you the seed to make more.....that is is you want to sell....

hilltopper46

I agree that it is millet. We also used to call it giant foxtail as it grew wild as a weed in the cornfields.

(Edited in) By the way, compliments on the pen - very nice, and imaginative. I wish I had thought of it.[:D]

Fangar

Curtis,

Very cool. I was looking to do some pressure pot casting with some stuff for a few special projects. Do you recommend the Alumilite, or the Epoxy? I really can't stand the Casting resins that I have.

Fangar

M

Mudder

Never knew the real name, we used to call it wheat grass.
It was on my list of things to do but you beat me to it.
Nice looking pen.

Fangar

Originally posted by MesquiteMan
<br />Fangar,

For me it is Alumilite all the way. Virtually no smell, no drops to count, and not brittle.

Thanks for the info Curtis... I have some on the way. If I can get out I am going to pick up the pressure pot at HF.

Fangar

les-smith

Very nice. I've read all the posts, so I think I'm the first to say, "I'll take two".[:)] Here's another twist on the pen: Have a Wooly Buger fishing fly made and sell the two together.[:D] My dad would just kill for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom