Woodturningz new 'Galaxy' blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pssherman

pssherman

Here is a Platinum & Black Titanium Sierra made with Woodturningz new inlace acrylester diamond series - Galaxy blank. The surface looks like it has very tiny pits (air bubbles) that seem to be caused by the glitter in the blank. I did not put a coat of CA on this but I think that a coat of CA would provide a better/smoother surface.
P1000841.jpg
Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

You can see them if you blow it way up. Looks like a nice blank - you're right about needing a finish to fill the pits. Are they caused by the shiny bits popping out?

leehljp

Member Liaison
Wow, I like that! The blank's name says exactly what it reveals - in my mind. Great!

QUESTION: I looked for the blank on Woodturningz and could not find that blank. Any links would be appreciated.

I looked under "Acrylic Acetate" and "Inlace Acrylic" and did not see it.

Last edited:

hewunch

Wow, I like that! The blank's name says exactly what it reveals - in my mind. Great!

QUESTION: I looked for the blank on Woodturningz and could not find that blank. Any links would be appreciated.

Hank for some reason it is not up yet on the site. IRCC when they came out, the were offered as a weekly special before they started selling them. Anyhow, I bet if you called they could tell you. (or you could email them)

leehljp

Member Liaison
Hank for some reason it is not up yet on the site. IRCC when they came out, the were offered as a weekly special before they started selling them. Anyhow, I bet if you called they could tell you. (or you could email them)

I found a post for group buy on that blank and signed up. I usually don't get involved on group buys, but had to on this one.

Thanks for the information. :)

pssherman

Hank,
The galaxy blanks were part of the first biweekly sale of the year, which ended on Monday. BTW, it is their biggest sales event and is always the first 2 weeks of the new year. If you are not getting the emails about the biweekly sales, you can sign up online.

Woodturningz is fast and efficient, I placed an order on Monday afternoon and received it on Thursday. Even though they were very buzy filling orders from the sales event they still shipped the next day.

WoodTurningz

Oops! I fixed it!

Hank: Oops - I'm terribly sorry about that! I've got it fixed & both #71 & 72 appear on the "Inlace Acrylester" page under the "Pen Blanks" - You can also go directly to: http://www.woodturningz.com/Inlace_Acrylester_Pen_Blanks.aspx

Thanks again for your continued support! Please let me know if there's anything else that I can help you wth!

Thanks!

...Ryan

leehljp

Member Liaison
Top Bottom