Woods from Leetreewoodworks..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PenWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I got about ten different projects going...
But I got a package from Leetreewoodworks, so I had to
stop everything and cut some of these .
Here are some of his blanks, in Statesmen Jr's

York Gum Burl....Birds eye Snakewood (can't find the B/E)

2005440116_Dsc00385.jpg

Red Morrell Burl...Birds eye Gimlet

2005440248_Dsc00392.jpg

Thanks for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Beautiful work, Anthony. BTW, in an email, Lee explained that the snakewood is so named for the twisted shape that the tree grows in and the birdseye refers to the incredible figure (which I'd call curly). The Aussie burls make some of the most unusual pens and you've captured each specie remarkably well.

PenWorks

Fred, the Gimlet was the easiest to turn out of the bunch. Although my picture taking is lacking lately, it does have alot of eyes and character to it.

Thanks Lou, the wood does have great figure, which I would call curly as well, so why isn't it
curly snakewood?

Deere41h

Anthony....Those are beautiful as usual. I really like the way you make the enclosed end pens. I've got to learn how to do it. They are a real inspiration. Thanks for sharing them with us. Guess I need to try Lee for blanks as well.

woodscavenger

First Anthony, great work as usual.
Second, I looked at doing a couple of closed end pens for FPs but the RB with its spring befuddled me. Do you have any tips? How do you do your closed end pens?

PenWorks

Shane, on the RB, I steal the springs out of those expensive Bic pens, cut them to size, to make them work. You can't fit the original spring in that comes with the kit.

Thanks for the comments.

Excellent craftmaship. I have some of those Aussie burls in stock and my Jrs are on the way. I'm looking forward to turning some this weekend.

PenWorks

Mik, the caps do not post on the back. I made the pen barrel a touch longer on these
to be more comfortable writing without the cap. They are 3" - 3 1/4" long for the pen barrel.
Which is 3/4 to 1/2 longer depending on what type of end you are using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom