Woodcraft Deco dress in quilted maple

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Hello
This is another kit Evelyn picked out at Woodcraft back in January. I used a blank of Quilted Maple. I got a bit of mm dust in the upper blank that I didn't notice until I had the finish on. I guess it time for some new MM as some of the lower grits are staring to come off. The area were the center band is not under turned it is meant to be like that. I like the look of this kit and Evelyn has already clamed it. As always any and all comments are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 146

glen r

Dan, I like the wood and finish on your pen but I'm not a fan of the wasp look on any pen. I have turned many slims using Corian and always leave the band out. I either turn top blank a little longer than the tube or glue a contrasting piece of Corian to replace the band. Some slims will work with the band eliminated and the top piece shorter by that length - makes for a nice small/purse pen.

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thank you Glen for your comment and your suggestion. I've done one slimline with a custom center ban. I did think about doing the same with this one but changed my mind since Evelyn did pick out the kit because she liked how it looked.

Top Bottom