Wood Workers Pencils

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinter99

splinter99

I Like this kit but I never liked the way it went together, there always seemed to be too much play at the top of the pencil, So I glued in a cigar tube at the top and used a cigar bushing, This gives it a more finished look IMHO as you can turn it down further than the original bushing allowed. Woods are (from top)
Figured Paduk, Mesquite with sap wood,Redwood Burl, Figured Cherry, Pommele Imbuyna and Cocobollo with sapwood

2008217193743_wwpencils.jpg

Comments welcomed. Thanks for looking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

badger

That's great! I also did not like the play in the top, can you show us a pic of top with good light so we can see what you did? I'm going to have to remember that, since I want to make a couple.

VisExp

Those look very nice. Where did you get the kits from? How do you sharpen them? Can you get a very sharp point on them? Sorry for all the questions, but I use a pencil all day working and it would be cool to have a nice home made pencil like these to use. Thanks.

splinter99

VisExp..sorry but they are discontinued from CSUSA.. The sharpener is in the cap, It just unscrews..They use 5.6mm lead, but you can get them pretty sharp..

CSUSA also sells the artist sketch pencil and the tool box pencil that are similar

badger

That does help, that looks just perfect.

Now I just wish they hadn't discontinued the kit now you showed me how to FIX it.

badger

B727phixer

Harold,
Another great solution. The pencils look great! I'm still working on the walmart pens, I can't get past the silk stockings on a pig factor! LOL! I guess it is what it is! Hope you got your heat back on![:I]

Rifleman1776

Your work looks good, no criticism there. You might want to try the Artisan pencil from CS. With hard lead it makes a fine shop pencil. With soft lead, it is an artists pencil. It has become a popular item out of my shop, both as gifts and to sell.

badger

Originally posted by Rifleman1776

Your work looks good, no criticism there. You might want to try the Artisan pencil from CS. With hard lead it makes a fine shop pencil. With soft lead, it is an artists pencil. It has become a popular item out of my shop, both as gifts and to sell.

And with a white lead, it becomes a fabric marking pencil. An FYI for those of you who have sewing wives (or sew yourself) these make great surprise gifts.

badger

Top Bottom