Wood Segemented Blanks a Friend sent me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jjjaworski

jjjaworski

These are made using some segmented wood blanks a friend sent me. I finally used some and put these together.

I used several coats of WaterLox as a finish since I was too lazy to do a CA finish.

Attachments

• SegSketchFront.jpg
    SegSketchFront.jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 296
  • SegSketchSide.jpg
    SegSketchSide.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 170
  • SegSierraFront.jpg
    SegSierraFront.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 202
  • SegSierraSide.jpg
    SegSierraSide.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 301
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

I really like when the blanks were turned down to a smaller size. But the larger size does show off the quilting on the maple....

Cool friend!!!

Scott (nice F-n-F too) B

Jdeuel

Beautiful pens! I'm a big fan of Waterlox-I installed alder butcherblock countertops in our kitchen and finished with 5 coats of Waterlox Original. Stinks to high heaven for a few days, but a pretty bombproof finish. How long did you go between coats, and did you sand in between?

jjjaworski

Beautiful pens! I'm a big fan of Waterlox-I installed alder butcherblock countertops in our kitchen and finished with 5 coats of Waterlox Original. Stinks to high heaven for a few days, but a pretty bombproof finish. How long did you go between coats, and did you sand in between?

I have to agree that it does have a nasty odor. I was putting that finish on something else and just gave the pen barrels a shot as long as I was using it since it takes so very little.

I did a light scuff with 1200 between coats. It was a week or more between coats and I did this in my garage at the end of the day so i did not have to be out there working and smell the stuff.

Top Bottom