Wood from Harold in CR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dudley Young

Dudley Young

This is a pen made from a blank from Harlod in Costa Rica. It is Pilon wood. It turned well with no goofy stuff. Polished very well. Sanded to 400, 4 coats of CA then MM wet to 12000 and 2 coats of Ren wax. According to what i've read, this Pilon can be dark as this is or light. I like it. Thanks Harold.:)

Attachments

• Pilon.jpg
    Pilon.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 155
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Harold in CR

Dudley does some nice turning. :)

I have just been so busy with Furniture, I have not even checked in here, lately. I want to get some pieces into Florida, then we can have a much better idea for shipping.

I have been cleaning up, and found a LOT of the spalted stuff I have been saving. IF I knew anything about turning, I would have a much better idea of what y'all might be interested in.

I MIGHT get to salvage some Avocado crotch and compression wood. Tree was dropped yesterday, and, the guys cutting it up, probably wasted all the good stuff. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: They don't want any of it, just don't want anybody else (me) getting any. Yeah, some real Idiots down here.

I also have dibs on a GIANT Mango Tree. The limbs will make sawlogs. :cool:

Hoping to find a Treasure Trove in that tree. If so, it should be a nice rosey pink wood, I believe. Also has a chance of spalted and Quilted wood grain. :cool::cool::biggrin:

Really glad you liked that wood, Dudley. Teri has several more pieces. :biggrin::wink:

Top Bottom