Wood acrylic and antler from yesterday

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Rick P

Rick P

Turned these yesterday, a sierra in heavily spalted cotonwood. A black titanium Jr Gent wrapped with the cherry red Madreperlato blank I received from Exoticblanks.com I am thinking the decission to off set the pen body and cap was a bad one. I painted the inside of the blank blue, gave it a weird purple glow that doesn't show up well in the pic. And lastly a sierra in sitka black tailed deer antler.

Attachments

• Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 175
  • Resize Wizard-2.jpg
    Resize Wizard-2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 165
  • Resize Wizard-3.jpg
    Resize Wizard-3.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 164
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

Really like the antler and the top of the Madreperlato. I aboslutely loved the last cottonwood pen you posted but this one seems to blend in with the black plastic too much. Still a really nice pen but it just doesn't "pop" like you're last one did. It might be just the picture too. Thanks for posting them Rick.

Rick P

No D Oliver it's the pen. I am running low on kits and blanks that are ready to turn. The bottom of the Maderperlato shines as nicely if you turn the pen 45 degrees. My thought was you'd have flash to look at no matter how you turned the pen but I think it's a fail. Thanks for your honesty and observations

Top Bottom