Wolftat Photochromic Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bree

Bree

Wolftat sent me some of his photochromic blanks and I turned one up right away to see how they look. One thing I can tell you for sure, their beauty is hidden. What you see on the outside is nothing compared to what's on the inside! In the sunlight this pen lights up. Great job of casting Neil!

This pen was wet sanded to 1200 grit and then MM-12000 followed by a wet polishing with Hut Ultra Gloss Plastic Polish and then Ren Waxed.

sCIMG5271.jpg

sCIMG5270.jpg

sCIMG5272.jpg

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Seer

Wow he sent some tpo me as well in our PITH last year been dragging my feet to get the paint for the tubes. That is cool

Bree

Wow he sent some tpo me as well in our PITH last year been dragging my feet to get the paint for the tubes. That is cool

I went over to the hobby store yesterday and bought $20 worth of enamels for tube painting. I have a couple of handfuls of these blanks in different colors and there is no telling what the heck is in there!! Now I have the bug to "open the box" to see what's inside!!

I have this one on a stand right in front of my big monitor and I love looking at it. The darn thing keeps drawing my eyes off the Satinwood and Narra Cigars on either side of it and they are some good looking pens!

This pen has the standard brass tube. I forgot to paint it!! But it looks fine... the casting is quite opaque and the tube doesn't show through anywhere. Lucky me!
:wink::wink::wink:

Bree

I'm going to make a green one tonight... St Patty's Day Photochromic.
:bananen_smilies026: :bananen_smilies026: :bananen_smilies026:

Bree

beautiful pen.
i turned one today as well but i am having trouble taking a picture of it. how did you take your picture

LOL! I have been taking them in the kitchen in the morning to catch morning light but it is hard to show the finish and get nice sunlight on the pens. I have trouble getting my photo tent PIX right so I tried something else today.

I had morning sunlight shining in my office window so I put a white backdrop from the photo tent hanging down from my laser printer and tilted a 10-pen stand so the light hit the pen nicely and took the shot that way. I am going to try something similar with the new pen in the AM. It's just gorgeous IMHO!! Far better than I expected and I haven't even seen it in the sunlight!
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom