Wolfdancer, it's Plum crazy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GaryMGg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMGg

I haven't had much shop time lately but I had to get my head wrapped around some stuff Wolfdancer sent me. The burl was full of fissures and cracks, much of it packed with inclusions that look like obsidian. This stuff is hard and occassionally crumbles but lots of it doesn't. It's sharp and acts like glass. I had to turn this with a full face-shield.

Chrome cigar dressed in inclusion-laden plum burl finished with MM, CA, and buffed out with plastic polish.

My apologies for the poor pics; I dropped the camera on it's head.:( [B)]
plumBurl1.jpg

plumBurl2.jpg

All comments welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

guts

Gary,that's a great looking pen,I just cut up some plum (crazy) that my Sis. gave me this summer,will have to wait to show it.

Bluewing92

Gary, that turn out great. [:D] Sound like you had a lot of shrapnel flying around. Those little glassy specks seemed to have disappeared, but it could be just the photo.

Wolfdancer

Banned
Hey Gary It looks great. Full of figure just like you said. YOU DID NOT TELL THEM THE WOOD WAS A FREEBY. I am going to bring you your order at the show this weekend. I have 6 pounds of this stuff but you worked the worst part of it. See you there Rod.
Originally posted by GaryMGg
<br />I haven't had much shop time lately but I had to get my head wrapped around some stuff Wolfdancer sent me. The burl was full of fissures and cracks, much of it packed with inclusions that look like obsidian. This stuff is hard and occassionally crumbles but lots of it doesn't. It's sharp and acts like glass. I had to turn this with a full face-shield.

Chrome cigar dressed in inclusion-laden plum burl finished with MM, CA, and buffed out with plastic polish.

My apologies for the poor pics; I dropped the camera on it's head.[:(] [B)]
plumBurl1.jpg

plumBurl2.jpg

All comments welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom