WIP Closed End Slimline, couple Qs too!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from GrantH

GrantH

First off, I've yet to do anything remotely close to this, but it's going well. I have a couple "what do I do's", but maybe you all can help.

This is a piece of walnut, with what I hoped would be a mushroom top on it. I personally like the look, but some may see it as a bit um....fallic? lol

Anyways, now that i've gone and parted off, I need some help on how to CA the pen, or somehow finish it. Is it unusual to wrap the mandrel in blue tape and use it as a "jam chuck"? I tried the softer wood jam chuck earlier on another attempt and it didn't work so hot. I'm hoping the mandrel would.

Comments/criticism/tips more than welcomg...but I know the shape isn't for everyone so we can skip the crude references unless you feel it will have me rolling on the floor.

6705279059_a1d2e0cdcf_z.jpg
[/url] on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:

GrantH

I have, that's pretty much what I followed to do this. Maybe I need to re-look a bit farther done the article for the finishing tips again.

GrantH

Looks like I parted off a bit too early. Hopefully it's nothing too terribly serious. I dont think it will be...but we'll see!

Edit: I have figured it out! haha

I laid a piece of blue tape (1/2 inch) lengthwise on the mandrel and trimmed it to not overlap too much and this held it tight enough to do a quick run of thin CA and a run of Medium CA. I need to get some more activator before I can finish it, but i'll update and show it to everyone when I do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom