Winning a bet

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bmac

bmac

My S-I-L is into Fantasy Football and made a bet with his boss, who lives in Florida. So I assume his team is a Florida team and since my S-I-L is in Louisiana, his would be Louisiana team. Well, my S-I-L lost and he asked me to make a alligator bone and leather pen for his boss who naturally is a Gator fan. I said no problem, but let's make it interesting. The bone blank was no problem since they are readily available, but the alligator leather blanks are hard to find. I had some scrap pieces of alligator leather from a customer of mine that deals in alligator products. So, I attempted to make my own blanks, one out of black leather and one brown. For first attempts, they came out pretty good. The kicker with the pen though is the bone blank I used to make the other part of the of the pen with. Needless to say, it's not the Gators colors. S-I-L chose the brown leather.

Bobby
Louisiana

Attachments

• 20170726_180228-1200x2231.jpg
    20170726_180228-1200x2231.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 261
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bmac

Built a display box for the gator pen. On one side of the box is an alligator and on the other side is their name. Did the engraving on my CNC then filled in with coffee grounds, soaked wit CA glue, then sanded smooth.

Bobby
Louisiana

Attachments

• Gator Pen Box.jpg
    Gator Pen Box.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 145
  • Gator Pen Box2.jpg
    Gator Pen Box2.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 121

Dehn0045

So, since the gator is on the cap, does that mean the gator is eating the tiger? Probably a fair assessment in recent years

Funny side note - the first time I read your post I took SIL to mean sister in-law, I was genuinely confused but summed it up to someone else being confused, lol. The lightbulb finally clicked on

Top Bottom