wing feathers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

I havent had much time to turn lately but managed to get this one done as a gift for my cousin, who used to take me pheasant hunting when I was growing up. Its a combonation of small wing base feathers from a ringneck pheasant.

I changed my ways a bit by using lighter tubes instead of black which kept more visible color in the feathers. I was using black at first to keep from seeing the tubes but they made the finshed blanks darker when turned down. Now I think even the darker feathers show up better. All comments welcome, thanks.

Attachments

• wing feathers.jpg
    wing feathers.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 438
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mickr

I think it is superb..a grand gift for someone who used to take you hunting..very very pretty

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Either way John , they're fine looking blanks . I'm looking at the ones I got from you , and hoping to get them turned soon . Nice pen !

JohnU

Beautiful! What color are you using under the feathers to make them stand out better?

I switched to white. I thought black would be better in the beginning to hide any breaks in the feathers and not allow the tube to show through but white seems to be better. Occasionally I have to touch up a white spot in a feather break with some dark paint matching the feather color, but its worth the extra work. (or at least i think it is)

Top Bottom