Wine Cork

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jgrden

Jgrden

They look ugly now but wait 'till you see them on top of a cigar pen kit.

Cork - 7-6-10 Ortman tops 2.jpg

Cork - 7-6-10 Ortman tops 1.jpg

Cork - 7-6-10 Ortman tops 3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

papaturner

Hey, John they look interesting. However I have a question. I was in Alabama today working and stopped by a winery, the guy gave me 4 never used corks. They are 1&1/2 inches long and about 15/16 inch in diameter. My question is this, is that the standard size for a wine bottle cork?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Perry

Jgrden

Hey, John they look interesting. However I have a question. I was in Alabama today working and stopped by a winery, the guy gave me 4 never used corks. They are 1&1/2 inches long and about 15/16 inch in diameter. My question is this, is that the standard size for a wine bottle cork?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Perry
NO! They come in different sizes. I got the 2" and some 1-3/4". Good work on your part. Can you go back and get more?. See the corks that the tops are sitting on? They are huge and cannot be used for anything in my shop.

shawnmhill

John, they look great as is. How do you get the corks to shrink and keep the logo's on them? Is there another post for some guidelines? Thanks again

johncrane

Should look good John! i like the logo's,only last night my brother was going thru pens i made a long time ago and he pick out a slimline cork pen i made with no finish, i left it al la natural which make's it feel really good and the cork is so light in the hand.

Last edited:

Mark

I have several hundred (somewhere). My ex used to collect them. Geez, I may have tossed them by now. Sounds like a good winter project for me. Too hot in the attic right now, to go looking through old boxes...

Looking forward to your finished project...

Jgrden

John, they look great as is. How do you get the corks to shrink and keep the logo's on them? Is there another post for some guidelines? Thanks again
Shawnmill. The surface cannot be touched in order to keep the logo and impress your vineyard. I will send you a PM and after you read it, there is a small pill I would like you to take. You live in League City where my son lives. We should meet sometime. We were there on the 4th and I am not sure when the next grandchild birthday will take us back down.

papaturner

NO! They come in different sizes. I got the 2" and some 1-3/4". Good work on your part. Can you go back and get more?. See the corks that the tops are sitting on? They are huge and cannot be used for anything in my shop.

Actually the guy uses synthetic corks on his wine bottles but is going to get me the E-mail for the company that sells the corks(the real ones).
Hopefully I`ll be able to get some a bit longer.:biggrin: Thanks for the reply.
Perry

Jgrden

Perry, keep in touch. Anything I can do to help you will be forthcoming. I am wondering about bars and if they keep the cork. The synthetic corks are a real bummer. I tried to drill one and it was not a happy experience.

Top Bottom