"Windowz" Ti Gold Jr. Gent II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from akbar24601

akbar24601

No, this has nothing to do with Bill Gates. Although, if he should ever happen to read this and wants to sponsor me, that would be A-OK with me!!!:biggrin:

Of course, it does have to do with what I hoped to look like Stained Glass Windows in the pen. These are more goodies that I got from exoticblanks.com. The surrounding body is Burnt Copper PR and the windows are comprised of Trans. Turq. Lagoon and Trans. Gold Pink PR with Brass inserts. I MM'd the blank and then applied a coat of MaGuire's fine scratch remover and gave a coat of NuFinish. Just a little something to keep the Brass from tarnishing too soon. I'm pleased with how it came out, though I do think I would like it better as an FP.

Thanks so much for loookin'. Any and all comments and critiques are welcome.

P.S. - Trying something new with the mirror. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Windowz.jpg
    Windowz.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 365
  • Windowz - 2.jpg
    Windowz - 2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 209
  • Windowz - Open.jpg
    Windowz - Open.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 220
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mikemac

I'm pleased with how it came out, though I do think I would like it better as an FP.

Very nice work! I agree, fountain pens always seem very classy... especially on a beautiful blank like that. It's too bad you can't interchange the tips on the GENT.. one of the things I do like about the Baron line...

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Very nice work! I agree, fountain pens always seem very classy... especially on a beautiful blank like that. It's too bad you can't interchange the tips on the GENT.. one of the things I do like about the Baron line...
Why can't you change the tips? I just pulled 2 out of my collection and they are interchangable.

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
STEVE ! Will you STOP ? I got pens I'm tryin' ta show off here !!!! :mad::biggrin:

Beautiful man . Susanne loves stained glass , and so do I .

kruzzer

Steve,
since I was lucky enough to see this pen in person today I think I'm qualified to say that the pen is fantastic but the your picturing taking needs help.. It doesn't do your work justice.. So go read a book or take some lessons...

VisExp

Stunning pen Steve. Great work. The segmenting is great and the color combinations are perfect.

I normally find a mirror in the picture very distracting, but for some reason in your pictures it is not. Normally you get a bunch of different reflections.

mickr

Somehow I missed this the first time thru..wow it is stunning and when I first saw it I said to meeself..hey, that looks like stained glass..so your attempt panned out well..lovely segmenting..gorgeous color combo, and nice finish

Russianwolf

Steve, what do you use to glue in the tubes? I ask as I realized a while back that using GG behind a transparent resin gives a very interesting look like a lot of the old stained glass pieces. CKinda bubbly if you know what I mean.

So when are you going to try a FLW inspired design? :wink:

PR_Princess

Stained glass?? Something tells me that I better watch out!:biggrin::eek:

Just gorgeous Steve!! What you can do with a few colored bits of plastic ..I can't wait to see the next evolution!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom