Window Casing pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

Took a shot at making a couple window casing pens. First one is a 7mm reverse finial twist parker refill, window on one side only. Wood is white top burl. Burl is cast in black and red, and there is a dragon in the window, but it's not easy to see. Should have made the window a bit smaller and the dragon a different color as it's difficult to see not just in a photo but in real life too, but it's still a wicked pen. The pen was re-cast for a third time in clear after assembly for a flush feel throughout the pen.

second one is a two sided window, traditional 7mm center twist. In the windows on both sides is a worthless deer antler cast in red and then inlaid white deer antlers. I call it Mr Pithy.

I'm having a small infatuation with brass at the moment...Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• windowc 005.jpg
    windowc 005.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 234
  • windowc 007.jpg
    windowc 007.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 227
  • windowc 011.jpg
    windowc 011.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 288
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Really nice wiork. For some reason the first pen look longer that a normal pen, is it? Not a bad thing, just wondering. Got me to thinking. The gentleman that makes the military ribbon pens ought to try the window casing with the ribbon showing.

rherrell

Fantastic job Jeff!! I REALLY like the window on the top part of the pen. I might give that a shot, if you don't mind.:wink::wink::biggrin:

workinforwood

Rick, it's your comedy tutorial, not mine..I was just running with it and I thought the window would be better on top. I think it is. Far as length, the pen with the bullet twist finial is 3/8 longer than the average kit pen, but the clip is slightly lower than average allowing the pen to actually fit a pocket better. I like the overall diameter of the 30/06 too, it is very comfy for my hands.

bitshird

you're on a roll with the reversed 7mm trannies. I'm going to have to try that, OH the pen is cool, lot of work but that's what makes cool pens.

ldb2000

Great job on those Jeff . I guess it's safe to say "you like the finial operated pens":biggrin: , they really are a blast to build and they work sooooo well .

Top Bottom