Window Casing Pen....first one.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Bellsy

Bellsy

Well I would like to first start off by Thanking rherrell and Mr. Natural. I looked at the tutorial here on the site and decided this was going to happen.....no matter how much it hurt.

I have the luxury of having a Grizzly G9729 Combo Lathe/Mill which aided me in making a few jigs for this project. The pen was turned on my Delta Midi Lathe. The inner wood was spalted maple that I created about 10 years ago and just never got around to using until now. The antler was given to me from a friend at work.

Even with the aid of the tutorial I had to make some changes and jigs to help me along. The bullet nib was the hardest part to make due to differences between the tutorial and the style I used. After all was said and done I am very very happy with the final result. The bullet casing was finished in metal lacquer. The spalted maple was finished with 5 coats of Minwax Poly and the Antler was also lacquer coated. The tube was 7mm and the spent casing was a 30-06.

I think the hunters that I work with will be interested in having their own pen from their casings and antlers.

Enjoy and please comment on the pen.

Bellsy

bulletwindow.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
J

jackrichington

very cool..I make antler pens also & can't seem to make enough to satisfy

Top Bottom