Winchester 300 Short Mag pen....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Janster

Janster

A customer ordered this pen and I made it with his fired cases into a click pencil for him. Not my cup of tea but he was quite delighted! Be well.... Jan

300swm_zpsc2b5f7d0.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Janster

Thanks for.......

.......your kind words. The cases are Nickel Plated. I had to expand the case mouths to meet the OD of the nibs on both ends. The purchaser was really happy as he used these cases on a recent outing with his own rifle. As a bonus, he gave me one side of a found shed Elk antler. Be well..............Jan

hornet406

Nicely done Jan. What do you use to expand the neck of the casing? I have tried a few times and keep putting a crease in the brass.

Mike

KenV

Looks like the Artisan Click. Good job of expanding the neck.

Nice look, and if the customer is thrilled, it is perfect.

Janster

Nicely done Jan. What do you use to expand the neck of the casing? I have tried a few times and keep putting a crease in the brass.

Mike

Try this Mike,
I bought a set of expanding balls (?) from Harbor Freight. They are like a transfer punch set other than they have different size balls on the ends instead of tranfer points. Also make sure you lube the inside and outside of the cases. I just went up in sizes to reach the desired spec. and tapped them open w/a small mallet.

Kretzky

Mike

Try using a jewellers dapping punch set. (I think that's what Janster is describing below).
25 Piece Doming Block and Punch Set
It's possible to buy just the punches without the block from most jeweller supply outlets but the HF ones are pretty well priced.
Hope that helps.

Top Bottom