Wild Wild Grains !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from plantman

plantman

:cool::cool: I promise no Bling !!! Here are a few more pens kits that I found in one of my drawers and made up with some realy wild grain blanks. First is an old PSI Funline kit in Brushed Silver with a Buckeye Burl blank finished in CA. Next another old PSI kit no longer made (name ?) in 24K Gold with a puppy on top (for my vet) with a Buckeye Burl blank and CA finish. Third is a PSI Magantic Vertex Rollerball in Brushed Satin with Blue Mahoe (no longer allowed to be imported into the US. Came from old stock) with Canarywood stripes and resin rings. Finished in CA. Four is a PSI Magnetic Fountain Pen in Gun Metal with one of Steeve's Wild Flamed Mineral Stained Oak blanks in CA finish. Last is an old PSI Gemeni Pencel kit in 24K Gold with another of Steeve's Wild Mineral Stained Oak blanks and CA finish. Is it just me, or did this sound like an ad for PSI ?? I have no connection what so ever, just happened to be the grained pens I picked to show you. Didn't realy notice until I started to put down discriptions for them. Pease to all !!! Hope you enjoy. C&C, good or not so good, always welcome. Jim S

Attachments

• DSCF0014 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF0014 (640x480).jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 392
  • DSCF0015 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF0015 (640x480).jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 471
  • DSCF0016 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF0016 (640x480).jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCF0021 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF0021 (640x480).jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 408
  • DSCF0020 (640x480).jpg
    DSCF0020 (640x480).jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Cool timbers on all! Fit-n-finish look spot-on too!!!!

Well done!

Scott (griffin has blue mahoe in stock) B

:bananen_smilies051:Jim Griffin has fantastic blanks. That's were I purchased the Blue Mahoe. Look up griffin exotic wood or exoticwood.biz. He has pen blanks in several different grades depending on grain at very reasonable prices. You can also buy large pieces or 1" blanks that can be cut on at a 45* angle and made into book matched barrels. Jim S

Last edited:

plantman

Jim, is that a dog on top of one of those pens ? Where did you get that? I WANT THOSE.

:dog::dog: Yes it is a dog. It's an old PSI kit I had in the back of a bench drawer. I turned the pen blank several months ago and added a new and better refill. They had horses, snakes, dice, elephants, golf balls, and some others (7) I don't remember. They also had a St. Nick Pen top using the same 11/32" X 3 1/8" tube. I haven't seen these kits in years. The assembly instructions call it a model #PKSCT "Sculptured Top" Twist Pen Kit. The instruction sheet is dated 1998. It only came in Gold. I think the PSI Crown Jewel may have replaced it. Maybe someone has one sitting around, or someone knows where you can buy the sculptured cast pen tops. I still have the whole set in my collection. Jim S

Top Bottom