Wild PA Cherry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from splinter99

Status
Not open for further replies.

splinter99

A few months ago I was driving down a country road with my family when I suddunly swerved off the road, put it in park and jumped out of the car: The wife thought we where under attack or there was a damsel in distress or else I went completely nuts..she jumped out to see what was wrong only to find me lugging a log back to the van..got about 20 pen blanks, a few stopper blanks and 3 bowls out of this one

Figured PA Wild Cherry Gold Cigar, ca/blo finish

200710223628_wildcherry.jpg

Thanks for looking

Quote of the day:
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ahoiberg

harold, she's a beaut! but i'm confused, there was a perfectly good burl just hangin' out by the road or what? fill us in!

ahoiberg

harold, she's a beaut! but i'm confused, there was a perfectly good burl just hangin' out by the road or what? fill us in!

splinter99

It looked like maybe someone had been hauling logs cut for firewood and one fell off the truck and landed on the side of the road(actualy in a corner of someones yard) It just looked like it wanted me to stop and pick it up and give it a good home [:)]

Firefyter-emt

Cherry burl, did some one mention cherry burl?? I just milled up one tonight myself! It was about 16" or so in diameter.

Here is the "leftover" caps I have not touched.
102071.jpg

And seeing as there was still a lot left in the tree portion of the burl, I decided to make a bowl from it, here is the bowl 10" wide rough turned.
102072.jpg

I then have a brown paper bag with at least two dozen 1.25" x 6.5" rough cut pen blanks and about six 2" x 2" blocks in various lengths. They are in shavings from the bowl and set to dry slowly. I still need to mill the other caps and clean them up a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom