Wild horse pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ossaguy

ossaguy

When I saw the Accord pen from Woodcraft,I thought it would be a nice kit for stamp pens with the long 3.5 in.barrel,and the clip is really thin so it doesn't obstruct the view.

I really like this kit,it's nice to hold and write with.Super smooth twist action,and easy to put together.I wish it was not so expensive though...

I loved the look of these stamps from France,and ended up doing it decoupage style since the next one up had stamps too large to fit on a bare tube.I love wild horses.I hope someday some horse lover will want it.

It's fun to start turning again.

Thanks for lookin'!

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_8909.JPG
    IMG_8909.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_8908.JPG
    IMG_8908.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_8906.JPG
    IMG_8906.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_8904.JPG
    IMG_8904.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 134
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nice work, I love your contribution !

Interesting that your thread appears today, the same day as this thread about The Accord pen kit from Woodcraft :

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f14/kit-question-accord-130778/

BTW, I like stamp pens too. I am wondering what you mean by this :

"ended up doing it decoupage style since the next one up had stamps too large to fit" ????

OK, I think I get the picture now from your comments below. Thanks

Last edited:

ossaguy

I wanted to make some coral reef fish pens,and when I got these really cool ones from Panama,they came jumbo sized! I needed a tube that was .450" in order to not have overlap on them.

The Accord tubes are 8mm.So I had to make the pen using bland looking wood,that I turned down to .450'' and ca'd,then painted white.These stamps fit nice on that size,too.

Steve

magpens

Thanks for your reply. What glue do you use to stick the stamps onto the tube ? And then, do you apply CA over top of the stamps ? Or is there an intermediate coating before the CA goes on ?

ossaguy

I brush the back of the stamp with Modge Podge.Only have about 10 seconds to get it placed just right,so I do a lot of practicing the angle.If I get the first one perfectly centered and the matching borders just right,the other ones will follow suit and look balanced,as long as the barrel is straight.

Then 2 coats of modge Podge brushed on,let dry a day,then cover with the ca.I found that using the foam cosmetic wedges and medium ca works the best for me.

If I don't seal with the Modge Podge,some inks will run if just ca is put on.Seems the USA stamps would run in the red and blue inks the worst.That's been my experience.

Steve

Top Bottom