Wifes necklace pen (warning-PC)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

The other day SWMBO mentioned that she would like a necklace pen. That gave me the excuse to order half dozen of the new PSI magnetic necklace pen kits. They showed up today and I asked her "wood or acrylic"? She gives me "the look" and says "Toni's flowers". I learned a couple things about these pens, like the upper end is a really thick wall, tube to finished size. It took 3 layers of base clay instead of one thin layer. Still, not to bad. Now the lower tube. I line up the bushings, that gives me an idea of how much clay to use, and they must have sent me the wrong bushings. So now I got to read the directions. They are the right bushings, but this section has a MAJOR taper, and the lower (and larger dia.) end has no end cap, so the base clay will be showing and I am not sure how to finish it. Phone rings and it is Allen (AShaw), we chat and I mention this pen and he is familiar with the situation. He mentioned that he has suggested to the supplier that this could use an end cap to make it look better. Thanks for the idea Allen. I grabbed a piece of pick guard and quick programed the laser to cut the large dia. and then the inside dia., Five minutes later I had a white end cap. I think it looks a lot better that the base clay, and LOML loves it. All comments appreciated (even yours Jeff).

Attachments

• necklace pen.jpg
    necklace pen.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 495
  • necklace pen 001.jpg
    necklace pen 001.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 431
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LouCee

They showed up today and I asked her "wood or acrylic"? She gives me "the look" and says "Toni's flowers".

Toni strikes again! :biggrin:

Nice job, the necklace pen looks great! I've been wanting to try these, I wasn't aware of the no end cap design. Nice job of taking care of that!

bitshird

Gary, I think Toni is Darth Vader in costume, or maybe that isn't her picture in her avatar, she's corrupting the honorable art form of pen turning with her OUTRAGEOUSLY beautiful clay. I think you did a great job on the necklace pen.

Toni

Gary~its fabulous!! Wow that should keep you out of the dog house for a LOONG time. I would love to try that pen, but now you have me worried, sounds to complicated and I dont think a lasar would fit in my care package:)

Oh, nice color combination!! you sure you werent a fashion designer in your early years?

Rfturner

Very nice, as of this moment IAP is now called International Association of Toni's PC, That pen looks great, All the milefiori blanks come out looking so nice

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
Nice job .. that pickguard looks like the pen was designed that way.

Hey .. stock up on pick guard and sell the cutouts as mods for the kit!

If I actually had time to make and sell pens, I'd be buying out Toni's stock..
they're not my style, but those puppies will sell!

Buzzzz4

Gary, it was great to see you again today. The pictures don't do it justice. It is a beautiful pen. It's great to see your excitement with the PC! Thanks again.

CaptG

Gary, it was great to see you again today. The pictures don't do it justice. It is a beautiful pen. It's great to see your excitement with the PC! Thanks again.

Eric, always good to see you. I had a great time. So when are you ordering canes from Toni? :)

Top Bottom