The wife's first pen..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russell Eaton

Russell Eaton

Last night while I was in the "man cave" my wife was watching me make a truestone cigar and I asked if she was ready to turn a pen. She said sure, so she went upstairs to get one of my old shirts, and this is the result. I did apply the finish but she gets credit for everything else. It was hard for her because the lathe is set up for me, and I am 6'2" she is 5'4". The pen is finished with 1 coat of thin and 5 coats of med. CA sanded thru 12k. The pen is the blank she picked out, it is Lacewood. enjoy Russell

Attachments

• Lisa's first pen revised.jpg
    Lisa's first pen revised.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kris WV.

It looks great, nicely done. My wife will probably be turning her first pen this evening after she gets off work. She has been watching me turn the last few ive done, and she has been studdying up on everything here on IAP. She is ready. I have a feeling were going to have to get another lathe so were not fighting over lathe time.:biggrin:

bitshird

Tell your wife she did a very nice job. You're lucky, my wife wants to (or thinks she wants to) turn bowls, there goes my big lathe, Maybe I'll let her turn little bowls, like I do.

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Nice job on that one! Welcome to the MSTH club.

MSTH (Multiple Spouse Turning Household)- If you fill out your census just right, they might give you another lathe...LOL.....

Top Bottom