Why not a Cigerra?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ron Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

With all the talk last night at the Penchat about the new Sierra Vista kit I decided that what we really need is a CIGERRA kit added to our line ups!
Cigerra.jpg

Cigerra2.jpg

As always comments or concerns welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctEaglesc

Passed Away Jul 4, 2008
In Memoriam
I have a feeling pretty soon well see a Si- Gar.
It is similar to a pen I made for David marks,essentially a Long wood cigar but I only used one kit.[:(]

Ron Mc

Bob,
I don't take time to learn all of the proper terms for anything so I hope this makes sense.
The upper barrel is the sierra tube, clip, twist mechanism, and at the bottom of the upper barrel is:
Take the lower part of the sierra kit that has all of the black on it and punch the nib out. Then put tape on the other end and post on a chuck on your lathe. At this point it is very easier to turn the black of completely. What I did was also turn the decoration part of the piece off as well. Make sense?[8)]

Now for the lower barrel take your bag of spare cigar parts and find the part that gets pushed into the upper barrel of the cigar. The part with the threads are on that the clip goes on. Also grab a cigar nib and remove the little decorative bands at the end of it. Now screw the cigar nib on the other threaded cigar part you have. YES it threads perfectly! This tube also happens to fit nicely into fitting at the bottom of the sierra upper barrel configuration and the threads on the inside will tell it when to stop..

bdar gave me this idea this morning when he posted a pen.

Here's a picture of it broke down.

apart.JPG

leehljp

Member Liaison
GREAT IDEA! . . . But you stole my intentions - almost. [;)] I disassembled a Sierra back in August; basically I took the two black metal barrels off. With some short brass pieces, I <b>intended</b> to make it a three blank Sierra. There are numerous small details that still have to be worked out and it looks like I will have to turn some of the metal parts down just a tad in order to make the wood blanks a bit thicker where they fit over the nib, finial etc..

Anyway, I was hoping to present a Sierra here with three blanks for contrast. But traveling work has eaten all of my time since August, and the way my work is going, it will be the spring before I get that far. [:(]

Think of the possibilities of a three blank pen such as;
Bloodwood, BOW, Bloodwood.
BOW Holly BOW
Bloodwood, Holly, Bloodwood
Red White Blue
etc.

Caveat: "You can"t build a reputation on your intentions!" [;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom