Who wants Galactic Fudge?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from redwd707

redwd707

Galactic Fudge acrylic from Exoticblanks and ebonite f/p section. Currently wearing a polished Bock #5 fine. I had intended to do the grip section matching, but I test-fit an ebonite one on the body and thought it looked right. In person, the blue looks like glacial ice, almost totally transparent at some angles, then almost opaque at others. I tried to get a shot where you can see the nib through the cap, but it doesn't really show the full effect. I took my time sanding and polishing the inside, and I'm proud to say there are no rings or crazing to be seen. I also bought a Drill Doctor and turned my lathe down to 500rpm.
Thanks for looking, c&c always welcome.
John

Attachments

• gfudge001forweb.jpg
    gfudge001forweb.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 217
  • gfudge002forweb.jpg
    gfudge002forweb.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 195
  • gfudge005forweb.jpg
    gfudge005forweb.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 187
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

There are many things I like about this pen, including the results of your careful work on finishing the interior bore. That is tedious work, but yields remarkable results on translucent materials, hence my remark. I too agree that the black ebonite serves as a nice contrast and compliment to the overall design. Nice work!

I am noticing the clip, but not recognizing it. Will you share your source and ID on that clip?

OZturner

John, My initial reaction to the Galactic Fudge blank, wasn't very positive.
However, as I looked at your Photographs, I found my resistance to the Blank decreasing.
I love the transparency allowing a glimpse of the Nib and Ebonite holder, when the Cap is fitted. The Style and mount of the Clip. And the Ebonite Holder.
Your Craftsmanship is evidenced in the Profile and Lines, and the Fit and Finish.
I have made a 180 degree about turn with regard to the Blank.
I Like it a Lot.
Congratulations,
Brian.

PR_Princess

WOW John, you have been posting some simply OUTSTANDING pens lately!!! Each one is spectacular! A hard choice, but if I had to choose I think this would be my favourite. Just something about the lines of the pen and the airy feeling it projects. Looks like it could literately float on air!

Top Bottom