Who says you cant put a parker refill in a slimline tube?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from greeneyedblackcat

Hi guys, I'm going to let you in on my secret, who says you cant put a parker refill in a slim line, I built this pen with an extended 7mm tube and a upside down slim line transmission, I pressed it into the final upside down. The nib on a standard slimline will have to be drilled out larger, I built this nib from stainless. They say a picture is worth a thousand words so here is about 3000 words. If you try it you just may like it :)

Attachments

• Parker in a slimline tube.jpg
    Parker in a slimline tube.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 350
  • parker slimline.jpg
    parker slimline.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 289
  • Medeval1a.jpg
    Medeval1a.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I like your pen, but I'm afraid that the 'secret' was out years ago. :wink:
Been there, done that and got the T-shirt:biggrin: In fact I think there are now several folks around here that use Parker style refills as well as roller balls with reversed sl tranny's.

But I still like your pen:biggrin:

workinforwood

Yep...I learned that one from Steve long ago, and he might have grabbed it off someone else. It's a great trick..use it every so often, especially for the finial twist. It has it's issues though. If someone presses too hard when they write it tends to push the finial out and then the ink disappears into the nib. Pen still looks great though. Needs a clip that looks like a handle and a chain to really put it over the top. Couldn't even begin to imagine how you'd pull that off though.

I like your pen, but I'm afraid that the 'secret' was out years ago. :wink:
Been there, done that and got the T-shirt:biggrin: In fact I think there are now several folks around here that use Parker style refills as well as roller balls with reversed sl tranny's.

But I still like your pen:biggrin:

I thought I had a brainstorm, I haven't seen a sl tranny used like this before. I guess I'm gonna have to dream something spectacular up. Stay tuned :)

Last edited:
Yep...I learned that one from Steve long ago, and he might have grabbed it off someone else. It's a great trick..use it every so often, especially for the finial twist. It has it's issues though. If someone presses too hard when they write it tends to push the finial out and then the ink disappears into the nib. Pen still looks great though. Needs a clip that looks like a handle and a chain to really put it over the top. Couldn't even begin to imagine how you'd pull that off though.

Gotta push real hard to push the ballpoint in,I think it would break the refill, I like your clip/chain idea, I was thinking about carving a wooden hand to set it in and making it a desk pen.

Top Bottom