WhiteTop Burl Long Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolftat

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
This is another borrowed blanks from Johnnie Jarheaded. It was marked as White Top Burl and I added a piece of Zircote to break it up a bit. The finish is Black TN and has several coats of CA/BLO followed by a quick buff. The kit was also borrowed from him. He needs to get better soon or I am going to run out of kits. :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 189
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Last time I looked, and I admit is has been a while, they didn't have the same finishes that Aaron in Hawaii had. I believe that is where Johnnie bought these kits.

bitshird

Johnnie better get well real fast or he may be out of a hobby :wink::wink:, He shouldn't complain though that's a nice looking pen now all he has to do is get well enough to sell them.

ldb2000

Neil , When Johnnie is up and around again and looks at what's left in his shop the only running out had better be you :eek:
Nice looking pen though , you do good work , with his stuff :biggrin:

PaulDoug

I really like that. I just glued up a blank for one of those kits last night. Wish I had seen you picture first I may have done some coping of your idea. Mine is Koa blank. Hope it turns out as nice as yours.

Top Bottom