Whitetail antler on a gold Long Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from orbit308

orbit308

I just finished this for a friend. I didn't really want to let this one go, it really came out a lot better than I had hoped. I used the porous base of the antler that had been weathered a few years. I filled it with a slurry of thin CA & antler dust. It has about 15 layers of CA as a finish. He wanted silver hardware, but I think the gold goes better. What do ya'll think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 260
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Crashmph

Looks beautiful! It must have been a challenge to drill such a long blank.

My thoughts exactly, i have trouble drilling a short piece.

Pen looks great, nice job.

First... awesome job on the long click with antler.

Second... I find it is easiest to drill antler after I turn in round to knock the "curves" off first. Just my opinion.

Michael

orbit308

Looks beautiful! It must have been a challenge to drill such a long blank.

My thoughts exactly, i have trouble drilling a short piece.

Pen looks great, nice job.

First... awesome job on the long click with antler.

Second... I find it is easiest to drill antler after I turn in round to knock the "curves" off first. Just my opinion.

Michael

For these I usually drill on the lathe... If it's really bad, I'll trim off the sides on the bandsaw for easier turning.

SteveG

I took a look at your fine work today and went directly out to make couple, which are in work right now. I did ruff turn the section of antler down to about .565" and mounted it in a collet chuck to drill on the lathe. That went with no problems. Thanks for showing…nice work and antler finish. Looks good with the gold.

ALA

Great job and, like others have said, great match. I'll have to keep this one in mind in case I do come across an antler long enough to make it.

Top Bottom